• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Favorite Fish Websites

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Since the ECC auction, I've gotten a bit more interested in plecos and synos. It's a bit embarrassing, but I've spent way too much time on Planetcatfish.com lately.

It got me thinking about all the awesome websites that are out there that I've never heard of.

So, other than CCA, what are some of your other favorite fish-related websites?

I'll start:

www.eastcoastcichlids.org - Just like us, only they talk funny. ;)

www.monsterfishkeepers.com - So your spouse thinks you've lost your grip on reality because you have 8 fish tanks? Simply smile and nod, then show them some of the setups these folks have. You'll be fine to adding that 220G you've been eyeballing after they check out what some of their more "hard core" members have done here.

www.planetcatfish.com - Everyone here has at least a few of them. Spend too much time on this website and you will want more of them.

www.cichlid-forum.com - My first cichlid website. Still use it a lot as a quick-reference guide that has nice profiles on *most* fish available in the trade and some great species articles on the more common ones. Also some nice general articles.

www.cichlidae.com - Juan Miguel Artigas Azas' site with contributions and articles from all the big names. More comprehensive than CF if you're looking for some of the more uncommon stuff.

www.africanrifts.co.uk/ - Another nice resource to find pics of cichlids you'll find nowhere else.

www.malawi-dream.info/ - Never thought I'd be jealous of anything French... until I saw some of the fish that they have over there. Great pics of uncommon fish, but yeah, in French. :rolleyes:

www.thekrib.com/ - Got plants?

So what are your favorites?

(EDIT: Just realized this should probably be in "General Fish Talk," not the Lounge, sorry.)

YSS

Members
Here are my three:

simplydiscus.com
plantedtank.net
reefcentral.com

Used to do cichlid-forum.com but got tired of stupid mods (not including Sarah of course :) )and stopped going altogether. Same for discusforums.com.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I NORMALLY CAN BE FOUND READING OR RESEACHING ON ONE OF THESE SITES:MONSTERFISHKEEPERS.COM,THEOSCARSPOT.COM,OSCARFISH.COM,WORLDCICHLIDS.COM,AQUATICPREDATORS.COM,CICHLIDFORUMS.COM,EASTCOASTCICHLIDS.COM,FRESHWATERMADNESS.COM,AQUARIACENTRAL.COM

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
In the past I have used aquahobby.com and plecofanatics.com. Now I also use MFK, cichlidae.org and everythingdempsey.

buntbarsch

Members
and nobody likes my site
405456.gif