• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Electric Blue Rams?

Sonny Disposition

I went into Tropical Lagoon on Georgia Avenue yesterday, to pick up some black worms to condition breeders. (Best little LFS this side of the Beltway. If you've never been, it's well worth the trip. And every other Sunday, one of CCA's Board members can be found there.)

Anyway, the owner, Steve, whom I've probably known longer than some of our younger members have been on the earth, showed me two of the new rams he just got in. They were so vibrant and bright I thought they were electric blue dempseys.

Has anyone ever seen these before? I've never seen rams with color anything like these. I was wondering if they were genetically engineered.

He had two left. At $59.99, they were a little steep for me. However, I have it on good authority that a member of our club bought two of them. And no, Steve didn't volunteer anything--I guessed who!

Julie

Members
Bob,

Mark of Anubias Design brought them in last month, and they were gorgeous! I had seen a pic put out by Aq. Glaser that didn't interest me in the fish at all, but Mark's fish were awesome! I know he's expecting more in I believe on the 12th of July. They are priced quite a bit less than $59.99 each. Feel free to pm me or write to Mark if you are interested. I've already got one order for them!

F8LBITE

Members
I just saw these at Super Petz in Annandale for $20 each on Wednesday at a pretty good size too. They did look really nice but I have no room.

These are line bred for color and are just now being imported from Europe. They are selling for $29.99 in the Milwaukee area.

dogofwar

CCA Members
They had a bunch at Tropical Fish World in Gaithersburg (sale today and tomorrow)...you might call to see if they have any left (for 50% off).

As I understand they're a mutation of rams, line bred to exhibit the electric blue color. Pretty fish but not really my cup 'o tea...

Matt

Julie

Members
These are line bred for color and are just now being imported from Europe. They are selling for $29.99 in the Milwaukee area.
Dang! :angry: I thought that finally someone used my idea of raising fish in blue jello and it had worked!

DonkeyFish

Members
The fish at TFW are small.... I went by last night to check them out. :)
The color isn't solid, but maybe they'll grow into it? Kinda seems like what you get when a new breed floods the market and the breeder was just trying to spit out quantity rather than quality. But like I said, they're still small so maybe they'll grow into it :)

Sonny Disposition

Thanks Julie. I'm not in the market for them--I was just curious. I like them, but don't have the room. Plus, these were blue. Now if they were electric reds, that would be another story.

Bob,

Mark of Anubias Design brought them in last month, and they were gorgeous! I had seen a pic put out by Aq. Glaser that didn't interest me in the fish at all, but Mark's fish were awesome! I know he's expecting more in I believe on the 12th of July. They are priced quite a bit less than $59.99 each. Feel free to pm me or write to Mark if you are interested. I've already got one order for them!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
We (TFW) are considering getting the rams in a larger size but the cost would make us have to sell them close to what you saw them for at Lagoon. We don't want to price them at a point where many of our customers can't afford them or could not justify the expense. If there is a demand, we will bring them in larger.

Julie

Members
Here's a pic of the fish that Mark recently brought in.

Anubias%20Design%20blue%20ram.jpg

and two pics on Aq Glaser's site..
AGneon+blue+ram+a.jpg

AGneon+blue+ram.jpg