• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Do Plecos Cross Breed?

YSS

Members
I just found a few baby plecos in my 265G tank. This was a complete surprise. No idea that any fry could survive in the tank. I have a bunch of different plecos in the tank and I was wondering who the parents could be.

verbal

CCA Members
What plecos do you have in the tank?

The different color and fin varieties of common BN plecos are all the same species.

If you have a bunch of different Hypancistrus species, that might be a hybridization concern.

YSS

Members
I have a bunch of different fancy plecos. 6 or 7 different kinds. I used to have a albino bn, but I couldn't find him/her. I think the babbies are from a pair of calicos I have. I have two and I guess they paired up.

I have a bunch of different fancy plecos. 6 or 7 different kinds. I used to have a albino bn, but I couldn't find him/her. I think the babbies are from a pair of calicos I have. I have two and I guess they paired up.

Ive seen them cross breed if they are in the same family. Guess youll just have to wait til they are about 2" to see for sure