• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Do female midevils grow slower?

So about 8-9 months ago I got what petsmart sold me as a red devil (my first fish actually yeah little bit of a noob here) now he/she is right around 5.5-6.5" in my 50 gallon (raised in a 20long until about 2 months ago) but doesn't seem to really be growing very fast...if really at all...is it possible that living in a small tank for so long would have stunted its growth or am I just being paranoid? He's grown about 4-4.5" in 8-9 months is that a reasonable size?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

That's kinda what I was thinking...I do have a 50 gallon long right now (same as a 55 just not as tall) with the midevil and a pleco and plan on getting at least a 75 when I get my taxes back...thinking that may help the growth speed but I'm not really sure...

Now will a fish that was stunted start to grow again once put in a reasonably sized tank with good water parameters of course(I do a 10 gallon water change every 3-5 days) seems healthy and very active/responsive with a rediculous habit of digging (when he's not trying to kill me through the glass haha) I gave up on tank mates a long time ago they all ended rather brutally, except for the pleco...but even he gets bullied occasionally...