• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Discus Tank - progress and updates

dhavalsp

Members
Hi All,

Finally got discus from Han's and I am loving them so far. I got 2 red turquoise and 2 Blue snakeskins.

This time around I am planning to document their growth more closely and share it with you from time to time.

For starters, I must recommend Han's to anyone who is willing to get discus. He was awesome during the entire process. The fish are the nicest one's i have ever seen at that size, they are healthy and got comfortable in their new home very quickly!

Here is a little video, i hope you enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/iIszhEeNbqg

Thanks,

Dhaval

Kareen

Members
Just keep up on your water changes and feed them good they will grow. I have a 125 with 8 Discus that I got from Han's two years ago and love them.

Termato

Board of Directors
What size tank is that? I have a weird spot that something like that would fit perfectly. 150 tall? I'm going to look into it.

Fish look great! Settled in fast is an understatement. Glad to hear it was a good experience there. I'm sure I'll be visiting him soon once the setup is complete.

Are you planning on getting any more?

dhavalsp

Members
it is actually 55 tall, 30*18 foot print. I am going to stick to 4 for now.

i am really tempted to get one of the spotted pigeons, lets see for how long i can ward of tht..

dhavalsp

Members
Just keep up on your water changes and feed them good they will grow. I have a 125 with 8 Discus that I got from Han's two years ago and love them.

Hi Kareen, that's the plan - water changes and good feeding...lets see how it turns out. this is the first time I am trying to grow discus in an aquarium with plants and substrate...currently, I am feeding them 4 times a day and doing 50WC every other day. I will make adjustments after observing how they are doing for a week.

Do you have any before and after pics of your discus?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Start with good stock (Discus Hans) and you'll succeed with discus. Start with poor stock and it's a much bigger challenge!

Matt

dhavalsp

Members
Matt, I completely believe it. This is the first time I got discus from an official source (Hans) and I can tell the difference. Healthy, interactive and literally starting eating out of my hand from day 1 ( I always wanted discus to do that.)

Lets see how it goes...

Termato

Board of Directors
Matt, I completely believe it. This is the first time I got discus from an official source (Hans) and I can tell the difference. Healthy, interactive and literally starting eating out of my hand from day 1 ( I always wanted discus to do that.)

Lets see how it goes...

I'm jealous already. Take a video of the feeding!

dhavalsp

Members
Chad, I have dual coralife fixture on this. one is 10K and other is 6.5K. in addition I also have a regular T5. Only the T5 was on during the first part of the video...

Victor, I will post a feeding video soon.

Hawkman2000

Members
Just a suggestion, next time u need to change the 6500k bulb, try the zoomed 50/50. Its 6700k/460nm. Plants like it and it will really make the turgoise spots on fish pop.

Looks super cool. Did you get those from discus hans? I checked out his site and was wondering what sise did you purchase? I'm about to get a 56 tall yank and want to try discus