• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cross EVERYTHING! EBJD with eggs???

Lively

Members
So... I'm cleaning the tank for my Electric blues... and I'm thinking about the convo I had with Andrew about sexing these guys - I said, the only sure way is to actually see the eggs... Okay, there is another way - see the female FAT with eggs!

I caught her, and she has that fat soft belly of eggs developing! So, cross your fingers, toes legs - whatever you can cross! I'm 99.9% sure I'll lose the entire spawn - first time parents almost always fail - and it'll be a blue/blue pairing - but they will be sexed and that is 75% of the battle!

I'm STOKED!!!

Lively

Members
LOL - Sorry Wire but Danger Chicken is first in line! He's getting first pick of the one's I won't be keeping. Last march he gave me a blue gene EB and I promised him fry - we changed up the deal when I got these blues :)

Lively

Members
LOL Wire - I have three that I don't need so I'll have two I'll be selling probably by the Nov. meeting :)

Lively

Members
Good grief! When it rains, it pours! I took the "odd man out" out of the 45 gallon I have my eggy female and her mate (I hope) and plopped him/her into the tank with the "breeding" tank yesterday with plans to shuffle some fish around today. Now I have some SERIOUS liplocking, tail flapping and rubbing up against each other going on in *that* tank! Two blues are going at it but the regular dempsey in there with them wants in on the action! I just might have my blue genes before Christmas!!! YEAH!! I got a few pics of the action, don't know how well they turned out since I took them in the middle of cleaning out the tank - but I figured if I was ever going to get a pic of the tussel, now would be the time!

Spine

Members
Way to go Lively. I can't get my fish to get along long enough for anything good to happen. My female starts off with the lip locking and then she starts kicking some #%*
Right now I have both the males I've tried to introduce in rehab. I'll try again once they are healthier.

Lively

Members
She sounds like a real terror! I did get a couple of decent shots of the action - will post them a bit later

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Way to go Lively. I can't get my fish to get along long enough for anything good to happen. My female starts off with the lip locking and then she starts kicking some #%*
Right now I have both the males I've tried to introduce in rehab. I'll try again once they are healthier.
Is that the female you got from me? She was a beast!

Lively

Members
Danger - what is it with you and snake spit mean fish??? Brutus is a ***** cat now, btw. He lives happily with many fish :) Smaller than him, no less. There's a female in there that's taken a liking to him - she pesters him from time to time...

Spine - how big is she?

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I acquired both of those fish that way. They were together for a while but the female was thinking he'd look better dead.

Lively

Members
She sounds like my gal - she needs a mate at least twice her size to bring her down a peg - 'course he may well kill her in the process... lol

In all seriousness, Spine - the male Danger gave me was pretty mean - he chilled out after I put him in a 55 gallon with two dozen dempsey juvies about 2". Too big for him to eat - too many for him to gang up on. Worked wonders.