• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Con parents not eating

Is it normal for the parents not to eat? The female as had very little senses the babys hatched (3 weeks). Now the father is not really eating (2 weeks). I feed the parents (staple) NLS therapists+a,(treat)blood worms and (treat) brine shrimp. The fry get first bites and the thera+a that the parents breakup. The fry pick at the brine shrimp and blood worms but the parents won't eat.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I've notice some parents if house alone with no competition will cut back on the food they consume I believe to help the fry have a chance but if I feed them the food sinks but then gets consumed while I'm not there (fear I guess) as long as they don't have sunken in bellies or look hungry. Also they probably swim around less using up less calories...not sure if that's correct just a theory.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

They both look great i was just wondering how much longer this could go on. They both were eating like pigs before, its just strange not to see them eating. I am planning on removing the babys in a week. So after there done fighting maybe they will eat again?

I took the babys out a week ago now and parents still are not eating. They are hidden most of the time and won't come out. For now they do still look in good shape.

O and it needs to be fast the female knocked herself out on a magnet glass cleaner. When i was trying to clean the tank. The male is a push over.

Yes i have bloodfin tetras, i can't remember what there all called. I would post picks but the app hasn't been letting me for a week or more.