• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cichlids for Sale/Giveaway - Looking for Apistos and Chewere

AquaStudent

Members
Hello CCA,

I've decided to take my 55 gallon AC tank away from being a mixed mess of species towards something with a bit more order. In order to do that I must find new homes for some of the current inhabitants. I will be attending next weeks meeting but if you are unable to attend the fish are available for pickup/meeting near Burke, VA (22015)

Here's what's available

Pseudotropheus acei (Yellowtail Acei) $5 - Very peaceful. One of the largest fish in the tank.

Pseudotropheus socolofi $5 - He's the current tank boss. He shows his dominance but is not nearly as cruel as the former tank boss (an auratus). He is the largest mbuna in the tank.

Nimbochromis venustus (Giraffe Cichlid) $10 - I picked this guy up when he was only a few inches big about a year and a half ago from a local LFS's mixed tank. It wasn't until later that I IDed him as a venestus (and looked up how big they get). The best option may be to find him a new home because a 55g won't do him justice.

Metriaclima lombardoi (Kenyii - female) $5 - She has also been with me since the formation of the tank. She joined me in the second batch of three that I added to the tank. She hasn't been very outwardly aggressive.

(potentially) Metriaclima greshakei (female?) $5 - This one is still a mystery to me. It was IDed on this site as a greshakei about 6+ months ago but I'm not convinced.

Metriaclima estherae (Red Zebra) $5 - This guy was also an early addition to the tank. He is currently the only fish showing any red/orange colors in the tank. So far he hasn't been violent although I know the reputation these guys have.

(possibly) Metriaclima greshakei (Albino) $5 - He joined the tank about a year and a half ago but recently has been the center of a lot of aggression. I would like to find him a new home ASAP. He was also IDed by CCA members although it's a hard job.

(possibly) Metriaclima greshakei $5 - This guy was also IDed by CCA members as greshakei (it's a popular ID). He is midrange on the totempole in the tank. He's got an interesting mix of browns and golds with a slight teal sheen.

I also have two male Pseudotropheus saluosi that are free to a good home. They were given to me by Alan aka CichlidOWNR a few months ago. They are still growing and are beginning to show dominant male colors. I will try to get a picture up of them.

I would like either cash or trading for some elongatus 'chewere' or a pair of Apistos. Don't worry...the Apistos are for a 29G tank I'm setting up. :)

If you have chewere or apistos available and are not interested in trading please still post or message me because I am still looking to buy them.

All fish listed will probably be donated to the auction or Petco if I have not found homes for them.

AquaStudent

Members
You've got it Verbal. Pm me please on Friday evening to confirm everything and I'll let you know what I'll be looking like on Saturday.

I am also looking for approximately 5 or 6 each of Pseudotropheus Acei 'Ngara' and Labidochromis caeruleus (Yellow Lab) and Pseudotropheus elogatus 'chewere'. If possible I would like one or two males and the rest females.

Anyone out there also have any Apistogramma available?

ddavila06

Members
i have two panduro, male and female that laid eggs a few times but no luck raising fry.. lmk if interested

AquaStudent

Members
Update 6/5

Updated list:

Selling:
Pseudotropheus acei
Nimbochromis Venestus
Metriaclima Lombardoi (female)
Metriaclima greshakei x3 (female), (male), (albino)
Metriaclima estherae

I also should have a 30" T8 hood and light. It was on my 29G that I just built an LED fixture for. $30 obo

Looking for:
Metriaclima/Pseudotropheus elongatus 'chewere'
Pseudotropheus Acei 'Ngara'
Labidochromis caeruleus
Apistogramma

pms sent to previous communications.

AquaStudent

Members
These guys are still available. I'm located in 22015 and can meet up locally.

Nimbochromis venustus (Giraffe Cichlid) $10

Metriaclima greshakei (Male - Albino) $5