• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cca First Annual Show!

mscichlid

Founder
It's coming up! Decide how you would like to participate.

It wouldn't be fair to have an old woman like me involved with the planning, setting up, soliciting attendees, running the thing, breaking it down, showing fish, (that will kick your fishes a$$), and have so many hard-to-get fish in the auction that she makes so much loot she'll buy anything she wants for now on and forever more...especially daphnia!

maddog10

Members
October 19-21.
Friday the 19th will pretty much be set-up.

Saturday the 20th will be the Cichlid & Catfish Show, 3 or 4 Speaker Presentations and vendors selling their wares. Tear down of fish show racks MAY happen Saturday night.

Sunday the 21st is the Auction. Final tear down and clean-up.

Hopefully we can at least start taking down the tanks and racks from the show Saturday night, so we can enjoy the auction on Sunday (plus noise may be a problem during the auction)

That is the preliminary plan (as I remember it)

cyradis4

Members
Well, I think I might bring one of my Discus.... But we'll have to see how everything is going in .... 6 months?

Later!
Amanda.

longstocking

Members
Ok... well since you don't know yet...

I'll show a fish... don't know what fish yet though :unsure: Probably go buy a fish to show ..... malawi fish :lol: ... lol just kidding....how could I switch to the dark side :p

We'll also help with something... probably Friday during the day and night.

Andrew

Members
I'm gonna need a 75-gallon tank for my entry into the catfish section... Got five months to fatten him up!
img025.gif

Unless, of course, someone comes and buys him first... :rolleyes:

(for disclosures sake, this is an uncopywrited images shamelessly taken from the web. if you want to see the real thing, you know where to come...)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay people.
You have 5 months to pick out the fish that you are going to show. Thats fish in plural.....
Go to your fish room, look at the fish and find the biggest, prettiest ones and get them ready. Or the other option is to go to Scales or Exotic Aquatics and pick out something to beat me. Get something from Old fish, New fish or from the Twofishguyz. (There are other places, but these are our sponsors. Remember, they support you so you should support them.)
Thats right. You need to enter to keep me from running away with everything. I am trying to grow out several new fish to take the show by storm. You going to let that happen? I dont think so. Lets go. For those of you that have never shown fish before, it's easy. The show provides the tank, air and some water. All you got to do is add fish.
Well not quite, but close.
Think about it. The club has been around now for 6 years or so. For years its been--"Lets have a show" or "Lets host the ACA" Well now is your chance.

cyradis4

Members
I've got 4 LARGE (8+ inches in diameter) adult Turquise Discus, two of which might actually be Snakeskinnes :FIREdevil: . I'm trying to talk dad into letting me show one of our prize fish. I assure you all, if I bring one of these beautys, I'll walk away with the show! :angel2: And they have still been growing, and getting thicker. And they are friendly. So I'll bet they will get even more beautiful in the next 5 months!!!!!

But thats assuming Dad is willing to let me show one of them.... They are very special fish, and he might not be willing to take the risk.... :angry3:

Amanda.

Spine

Members
I've never shown a fish before, what do you do to prepare a fish (Apistogramma)for a show?

Kevin

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Make sure he has enough room to grow.
Feed well.

About 1 month prior to the show, take the fish and put in a small tank by its self. This gives fins time to heal from mating or aggression. Get him used to being in the front of the tank, not hiding when you come in. Nothing in tank with him other than filter.

I think I wrote an article in one of the Biotope issues with more of what I do. Then again. I dont want yours
to look toooooo good...I need best in show.......So I am not saying any more..... lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :unsure:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Naaa, Its wide open.
Besides, the fish that won at the fist catfish convention lost an eye.
Then the fish that won the next year is gone.
I have to start over.........

Albino eurekas are too small and grow too slow. If I start now they might be ready for 08

maddog10

Members
Pat,
I was going to just let you win, but it sounds like that was a challenge. I like challenges!! I may have a surprise or two for you in October.

All of this reminds me....what do we need to do, to get the show sanctioned by ACA. That medallion would look good in my Trophy Case (book shelf)!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The ACA just needs to be contacted by us.
Francine, Are you handling that or do we need to have the Cor Sec handle that one.