• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Brichardi Skull Spawn!

Well, My Brichardi pair has chosen a very cool place for their spawning. They have taken up safe haven in a ceramic scull that I have in the tank for decor. These are not the best pictures but it does show how cool the spawn is over top of the skull. Enjoy

DSC_0484-1.jpg

Here is the male a little out of focus.
DSC_0469-1.jpg
DSC_0472-1.jpg

DSC_0482-1.jpg

DSC_0490-1.jpg

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Cool Pat, congrats on the spawn. Are those guys living up to thier name as far as guarding the fry? They appear to be keeping a very close eye on em.

TheWire

Members
cool...i am trying to get mine spawn too...started with 4 ....one of them get kill ( i assumed the one that get killed is a male) the other 3 been hanging out around a fake tree stump

I am tellin ya they really like to kill each other. Its tough because every time I get a breeding pair the male likes to kill the females. As you see the female is all beat up all the time. I have them in a 55 with 8 Lelupi and 8 Chalino Brichardi and it seems to really help with the aggression between my mating pair by keeping the male distracted chasing the other Neo and Chalino.

The last batch only 3 - 5 made it to be large enough to not be eaten. As I did not remove them from the tank and they get picked off over time and only a few actually grow. I imagine I will have 3-5 ready in a month or so. My Lelupi are just starting to spawn too. If you are interested I can make sure that enough make it to get you a few.

F8LBITE

Members
Brichardis have some of the coolest behavior ive ever seen. The bigger fry will help protect the younger fry.

Thanks for the Congratulatory statements guys. Whats funny is these "prolific" Brichardi have taken the longest out of all my fish to breed.

longstocking

Members
I don't want to be a pain....

and congrats !

But you have two different variants there. I don't want to say different species due to the new classifications... but you have a brichardi and a pulcher according to the "old" classifications. Please don't sell the fry.