• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Blue background 48x30

mikemanis

Members
Hi all - I have a 110 tall tank (dimensions 48" x 30) and I cant seem to find a background for that size tank - looking for suggestions.. Just looking for plain blue.. I might just have to make my own - which should be exciting !

JasonC

Members
if you are unsure on color, paint poster board with a color, tape it to the back of the tank, and give it a week to see if it works for you. If it does, paint the back of the tank. If not, throw away and repeat with another color.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I've heard of people using colored construction paper that kids use for projects. Cheap and effective. Just tape together the size you need and tape it to the back of the tank. You can also find it at PetSmart or Petco. It's on the back of the printed side. Usually black or blue. I like black myself.

The posterboard is a good idea, because you can paint it any color you like.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I was hoping for something less permanent - what if I don't like blue :)

I suggest using plasti dip. I used it on a bunch of tanks recently and am very pleased with the outcome. Goes on like spraypaint but peels off.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I've heard of people using colored construction paper that kids use for projects. Cheap and effective. Just tape together the size you need and tape it to the back of the tank. You can also find it at PetSmart or Petco. It's on the back of the printed side. Usually black or blue. I like black myself.

The posterboard is a good idea, because you can paint it any color you like.

I used to use construction paper, but over time, water drips damaged it or got between it and the glass. The tank was against a wall, so it was difficult to change out the background.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

clearsky5

CCA Members
I saw a really amazing background made using wax paper... yeah , like the stuff used in cooking.... you can etch with a pencil, or put a pattern on it.
tapes easily to the back, is very cheap and holds up well, from dripping water etc....
personally, I like the plasictype paint (what andrew said) goes on easily, comes off just peeling.

want a cool pattern for whatever board/paper/paint you put on....
get a natural sponge from craft store, and have at it....
david

mikemanis

Members
Love the answers - the tank has about 5 inches between its back and a wall - I will read up and see if that works - have to work around a couple of HOB filters.. thanks for all the feedback