• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Black Calvus eating issues.......

tremper

Members
I picked up a pair of these guys at the last auction, small, about 1.5", and compared to the rest of my tangs, they probably get 1 piece of food for every 10-15 that the rest of the herd do. I know they prefer live food but that really isn't practical for me. Are they notoriously finicky, slow eaters, or do they insit on live food?

Right now i'm feeding flakes and omega one small sinking pellets. They eye the pellets to the bottom and rarely grab one. With the flakes they're usually beaten to the punch by everyone else in the tank?

What's your experience?

tremper

Members
I forgot to mention, I tried a few frozen foods as well, bloodworms included, but as soon as they hit the gravel and dont move its like they no longer exist to the calvus

Just give them a few days without food and see how they react. My blacks don't eat alot. But they eat when they are hungry. The little guys even like the 3mm NLS better than the 1mm. I guess its less work per bite of food. Mine are lazy. lol

F8LBITE

Members
I do a combination of pellets and flakes at the same time. They get atleast a little something every time.