• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Biotodoma Cupido (Cupid Cichlid) tankmates?

Hannibal

Members
I picked up the WC pair at Aquamania (Thanks Sam!) and was wondering what other fish I can keep with them. They are in a 55 corner tank with plants and driftwood.

Was thinking about a small group of corydoras and something to occupy the upper/middle section of the tank, just not sure what yet. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks for the help!!!

verbal

CCA Members
Hatchet fish or deep bodied tetras would be ideal tankmates for them. They like their temps a little on the warmer side, so that might make sterbai the best cory option.

Hannibal

Members
Thanks guys! I will hit up the Google machine today to find info about some tetras. Are the deep body tetras and sterabi cory pretty common/easy to find?

Any suggestions on how many of each to add?

verbal

CCA Members
Frank Cowherd usually has sterbai:

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16474

I would probably get 6.

I think the tetras shouldn't be too hard to find. House of Tropicals would probably have a number of options that would work. Things neon tetra sized would likely be snacks. Bleeding heart tetras, Diamond Tetras and Emperor tetras should all work. I would get 12 of the tetras. You could probably add to your tetra group if you wanted, but you don't want to add too many fish at one time.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have my cupido in a tank with sterbai, scissortail rasboras, and red-head geophagus. Sterbai work great IMO, and like the warmer temps as other mentioned. I tried Von Rio tetras, but they all disappeared, though I think the Geos had more to do with that.

Columbian or Buenos Aires tetras would likely be good options too, and maybe a quasi-biotope fish. I like the HY-511's (I think thats the right designation) tetras I saw at HOT recently, they're a new tetra in the hobby and look nice too.

Hannibal

Members
Thanks Mike! I will check out those HY511's this weekend assuming they still have them at HOT.

Going to send Frank a PM about the Sterbai in hopes he has some he can bring to the meeting in a few weeks.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Going to send Frank a PM about the Sterbai in hopes he has some he can bring to the meeting in a few weeks.

I have 18 of Frank's sterbai that I picked up over a few months at CCA mini auctions. You will be pleased with your future purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App