• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Back on the right track

CichlidOWNR

Members
Been a while since I posted due to my schedule and also dealing with bloat that took some of my Rusties and some of my Ps. Saulosi. My last susccess was October with a batch of Ps. Saulosi being spit just to lose the batch about a week and a half later, then bloat hit.

Well, going to AquaMania this past weekend must have worked. I picked up some slate pleco caves at the marketplace and modified them by drilling a whole at the back for access on both sides. I bought 5 and have three in my main tank and two in my fry tank. My Syndontis Lucipinnis (dwarf petricola) are now a little more out front and center and my Rusties and Saulosi now have more hiding places. I liked the slate caves since I am going for more of a rock feel than a bundle of pvc in addition to river rocks I use.

Thanks to the vendor who sold the pleco caves, even though they must of thought I was nuts when we were talking and I don't have any pleco's. Although more expensive than pvc, they look 1,000 times better.

With the above said, and in addition to the Ms. Chin's Malawi talk, I added the slate caves, added more river rock and also did a larger water change this morning and was instantly rewarded with a Female Rustie holding. Still really early but I like the progress forward not backwards that I have been going the past few months.

Now if my Ps. Saulosi will decide to start getting jiggy with it so I can restock my female numbers.