• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Apistos spawned!!!

chriscoli

Administrator
I noticed that my Apistos were acting a bit odd, and the female was all colored-up tonight. When I approached the tank, she darted into a pleco cave that I had put in there about a week ago for some ancistrus....

well, I guess she really liked it for herself!

Apisto1.jpg

Apisto2.jpg

killakacti

Members
Awesome! I love apisto babys, I bought 6 cockatoo double red fry a couple of Weeks ago, their so fun to watch grow up.

Sent from my ADR8995 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Plenipotentiary-at-large
How about...

...you post a picture of the Father? Only one of the most stunning Apistos ever if he looks anything like his brother.

I gave Caleb a pair as well - wonder if hey got re-homed within CCA.

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Dang, girl, that second pic is like POTM-winner quality!

Congrats!

MonteSS

Members
very nice!! by viejita "red" u mean this is a more made gene and away from the wilds? (like crossed?)

Actually it is believed that there are no true Viejita in the hobby and they are all MacMasteri.

I dont know but def one of the prettiest Apisto.

...Bill

chriscoli

Administrator
Right now I've got them in conditioned tap with some driftwood and the occasional almond leaf. Lots of plants. pH is usually around 7.8 which is why I was surprised they'd spawned. I figured there was a good chance I wouldn't see anything until I got going on my plans for DI. We'll see if I get any fry.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Wow!

Right now I've got them in conditioned tap with some driftwood and the occasional almond leaf. Lots of plants. pH is usually around 7.8 which is why I was surprised they'd spawned. I figured there was a good chance I wouldn't see anything until I got going on my plans for DI. We'll see if I get any fry.
That's very cool. Were you pumping in some Barry White?