• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Apistogramma bitaeniata fry

mab

Members
I have fry that are now free swimming and eating BBS. Hatched during Aquafest - 7.0 ph, 78 degrees. I need batteries for my hardness meter so I have no idea on that spec. Tank is a 20L with one male and three females. Another female was sitting on eggs, however, those don't seem to have made it. I use small flower pots as breeding "caves."

msjinkzd

invert junkie
cool! Must have been spawning weekend for apistos that weekend, maybe it was all the wacky rainy weather, lol

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Mike,

Congrats on your new fry!

I've tried getting apistos before, but not had a dedicated tank for them. A couple of times, I just threw them in a large planted community, but they sort of get lost down in the weeds.

But the pair of bitaeniata that I got from you at the last meeting are doing great! They are in a sweet little planted 10 gallon with some peppered corys to keep them company. The male's crest is really coming in nicely. Big spiky yellow mohawk!

I don't think I have the time to breed them and think the corys may make a meal out of the fry, but they are awesome fish none-the-less. They're very curious fish, cruising cautiously around the tank, weaving through plants and roots.

Folks with a bit of interest in these guys should definitely check them out. :)

Sweet! Congratulations.

I've been looking at A. bitaeniatafor a while. Might have to hit you up for some at a future GWAPA meeting.

Cheers.
Jim