• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone know of a source for D batteries?

chris_todd

Members
Nope. We looked, too, for our battery powered air pumps, but apparently we waited too long. By mod-day yesterday, all the local grocery stores, walmarts, and home improvement places were cleaned out of almost all batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nathan

Members
I'm using rechargeable aa's in a D spacer. Sanyo SEC-N16SETEVP on amazon.
You might be albe to find something local like it

Hannibal

Members
I was everywhere today and nobody had them...Fingers crossed that if the power goes out its not out for long.

rsretep

Members
I found a few D batteries at a Walmart close to Harpers Ferry today,was coming home from a skyline drive hike with Juanita

Beeman

Members
Have you asked your mother-in-law? That's finally where I got mine. After running all over town looking for battery op. pumps, I found 'Hush Bubbles', battery op. bait-fish aerators at Mallwart. Seems a certain Leffler817 stole all that Petsmart had in the way of battery air-pumps, AND cleaned out EVERY FRIGGIN PLACE of D-batteries as well !!! Don't know how much longer I can tolerate this guy in my 'hood'!!!

69cichlids

Members
I'm sure some of us away from the storm would be willing to ship some to you...however you probly won't get them when you need them.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I called my local Staples, also Radio Shack, Best Buy, KMart, CVS and Sears, and visited Lowe's. No luck. Have some ordered to arrive Friday, supposedly.

I found some at Harris Teeter in Poolesville and got three four-packs, plus picked up the last battery-powered pump at Petco in Gaithersburg.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Another source

I found some at Harris Teeter in Poolesville and got three four-packs, plus picked up the last battery-powered pump at Petco in Gaithersburg.
Excellent news!

I'm told the Radio Shack in Silver Spring has them. I thin that's because nobody goes to Radio Shack.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Have you asked your mother-in-law? That's finally where I got mine. After running all over town looking for battery op. pumps, I found 'Hush Bubbles', battery op. bait-fish aerators at Mallwart. Seems a certain Leffler817 stole all that Petsmart had in the way of battery air-pumps, AND cleaned out EVERY FRIGGIN PLACE of D-batteries as well !!! Don't know how much longer I can tolerate this guy in my 'hood'!!!

I got two battery operating pumps ill sell ya!?! Ya know I bought the last two at the only shop in town and never got batteries for it!?! Good thing the power never ran out.... (I'm an idiot)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app