• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Angel HELP

zackcrack00

Members
No need I worry. That is just her papilla (breeding tube/egg depositor). It comes down when she is ready to lay. Drop a male in and they just might spawn. She can and will lay without a male to fertilize, though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Acpape0

Members
Swollen is a understatement to put it lightly

Just moved her out of my community into a holding tank with the a angel that has been exceptionally aggressive the last few days. we will see what happens...

zackcrack00

Members
I completely understand. I have a mature pair that spawns once a month. They skipped last month and she covered the entire surface of a large mag float with about 400-550 eggs today. So I can relate, LOL!

Acpape0

Members
Just attempted to drop my other large male in with them incase #1 did not get the job done. 4 minuets of pure attack later he went back into the community tank for his own safety.

Greengirl

Members
I have a black female angel that has her papilla permanently down and swollen too. Once she got mature, the first time she laid eggs, her tube never went back up. Hasn't caused her problems yet. Seems to be an inbred trait of super black angels. Just keep an eye on her.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I have a black female angel that has her papilla permanently down and swollen too. Once she got mature, the first time she laid eggs, her tube never went back up. Hasn't caused her problems yet. Seems to be an inbred trait of super black angels. Just keep an eye on her.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the other trait seems to be aggression, I've experienced it and Doug also had a pair where the female was ready to breed and beating up her partners.(I believe he tried different males)

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
If angelfish want to pair up, they fight or look like they are fighting. If one looses and runs away, they never form a pair. If they spar and both hold their own and don't run, they form a pair and will spawn together. Apparently the aggression or sparing or fighting is part of the process to choose a suitable mate. At least that is my interpretation.

zackcrack00

Members
If angelfish want to pair up, they fight or look like they are fighting. If one looses and runs away, they never form a pair. If they spar and both hold their own and don't run, they form a pair and will spawn together. Apparently the aggression or sparing or fighting is part of the process to choose a suitable mate. At least that is my interpretation.

Now that when I think back to when my GPS angels paired up, they did do this and the other male was killed.