• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aequidens Tetramarus

L

Larry-T

Well, here's an update on the Aequidens tetramarus I purchased at the last meeting. They spawned and successfully watched their eggs for a number of days. I saw virtually no fungus or white (infertile) eggs. Yesterday they moved the eggs (now wriggers) to a pit in the back of the tank with the male hovering over them and the patrolling the rest of the tank. Every time I get near the tank, she positions herself between me and the male, so I can't see how the fry are doing.

L

Larry-T

While I was trying to see back behind the driftwood and rock where the male has the fry hidden, I noticed that the Neolamprologus gracilis in another tank were acting a little aggresive as I got close. When I took a closer look, I found out that they have also been hiding fry and were now guiding a small swarm of them around their tank. I never knew they had spawned.

Fortunately, I have a nice amount of credit built up with my local dealer, so I just ordered two 40 gal breeders and a double stand. That pretty much fill out all potential space for fish.