• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

A new kind of Easter egg hunt

Andrew

Members
After the obligatory sled runs, snowball fights and snowman build, we spent our snow day picking Corydoras eggs out of a giant mass of Bolbitis. Seems the cory's really liked the low pressure front... You'd think after all the catfish cons that I've been involved with it wouldn't be the first time.

Result, 100 or so Corydoras paleatus (or C114, Cowherd strain) eggs resting in a breeder box. We'll see how they do.

Andrew

Members
CoryEggs.jpg

mchambers

Former CCA member
Excellent! I found a few gold laser corydoras eggs Monday night, but nothing like the numbers you found.

Andrew

Members
Live and learn I guess... The eggs hatched after 5 days. Unfortunately the fry were able to escape through the slots in the breeder box. I guess I need a net breeder or separate tank.

Sounds like another thread here about pleco fry.

chriscoli

Administrator
Live and learn I guess... The eggs hatched after 5 days. Unfortunately the fry were able to escape through the slots in the breeder box. I guess I need a net breeder or separate tank.

Sounds like another thread here about pleco fry.

ooooooooooooh so sorry! I've had that happen a few times! :(

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sorry to hear about the great escape, Andrew.

Hopefully, a few will still survive in the tank. :)

rsretep

Members
Apparently those wonderful breeder boxes do have their flaws....have never had any fry escape my net breeders

zackcrack00

Members
Agreed, Christine!!! Guppies are totally different in size than Cory cats!!! (Talking about fry, here. Not full grown adults!)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
No mostly

Apparently those wonderful breeder boxes do have their flaws....have never had any fry escape my net breeders

Operator error, different animal, small creatures go where they can. I use small screens in place of the stock panels for fry. Given the assortment of extra parts for different uses they ship with these (like slotted slip-in v-shaped trays for pregnant live bearers) bet they'd include a factory version of a fry screen if a few people wrote them and suggested such.

rsretep

Members
Operator error, different animal, small creatures go where they can. I use small screens in place of the stock panels for fry. Given the assortment of extra parts for different uses they ship with these (like slotted slip-in v-shaped trays for pregnant live bearers) bet they'd include a factory version of a fry screen if a few people wrote them and suggested such.

Probably a good idea to make them aware