• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2 spots on Oscar

04rwon

Members
My tiger oscar is maybe around 3" if that. I noticed these 2 little spots on him. I thought if it were ich it would be a lot of white spots. I have 0 ammonia, nitrite, and 10-20 nitrate, ph 7.8. Temp is 80 degrees.

2lw2kk4.jpg

2ptwcc2.jpg

2me6882.jpg

04rwon

Members
Yeah thats one. The other is second pic, under his eye, right where his orange stripe ends.

He hasnt had any live feeders. I hope its not start of hole in the head.

I feed them omega one cichlid color, hikari veggie forumla, omega one bloodworms, and omega one brine shrimp cubes. The bloodworms and brineshrimp i just got on tuesday.

I did just notice his lower left fin is nipped a bit. Maybe someone kicked his butt?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Always the same answer

Pimafix for fungus, Melafix for everything else. Massive water change followed by Tbsp. of salt per 5 gallons of water won't hurt along with a slight temp boost to encourage slime coat production, also could throw in a big wad of oak/hardwood leaves for tannins.

Becca

Members
Pimafix for fungus, Melafix for everything else. Massive water change followed by Tbsp. of salt per 5 gallons of water won't hurt along with a slight temp boost to encourage slime coat production, also could throw in a big wad of oak/hardwood leaves for tannins.

+1

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
if it is a parisite (wich I doubt) you should use copper. But I also know you got him from petsmart or petco, that might have something to do with it. I also agree with avatar and becca. Any fish related thing that they post is at least 500% true.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
First time I've ever heard that

So its just from getting beat up no disease. Cant melafix crash the tank?

Disease follows on the heels of stress, as in "getting beat up". Never heard of any downside from Melafix, but can well imagine some idiot crashing a tank and trying to blame it on such...

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
the only downside to melafix is a serious overdose will suffocate the fish. so stick to 5ml per US gallons.