Merry Christmas & Healthy 2010 from Heiko Bleher

Hi guys,

I just returned from another (4-destination) extremely successful Amazon expedition collecting more then 500 different fish species, new angelfish species, new Green Discus variant, several new Corydoras, many different Loricariids and beautiful new Apsitogramma, etc. We made 5000plus photos and many fantastic underwater biotope- and habitat films, even with the real P. altum, and more. Soon some of it on our website.

But I really wanted to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and a very HEALTHY and HAPPY 2010, with beautiful fishes and biotope aquarium decorations - back to nature - with a natural (habitat correct) fish community, as no one can beat nature and your fish will love it...

And I wanted to underline this: the biotope aquarium, is the future of the aquarium hobby, that is for sure. The tendency, un-questionable, goes already into this direction, it can be seen in the worldwide web. As a matter of a fact I just gave a talk in Manila, Philippines (after judging their Discus), before I departed to the Amazon in November, and they had asked me for some tendencies and statistics. And to talk about the future of the Fish Hobby worldwide and guess what:
On 11 November, 2009 at 23:00 hours I searched under www.google.com
with the following results - websites :
under HEIKO BLEHER'S BIOTOPES there were 939,000 websites talking about it (many of which Discus biotopes);
under TAKASHI AMANO'S NATURE AQUARIUMS there were 784,000 websites talking about it;
unter FUTURE in ORNAMENTAL FISH KEEPING I found 320,000 websites talked about it, and
under AQUASCAPE DESIGN there were 208,000 websites talking about that topic.

Maybe this is a - or better the - tendency where the future lies in this, the most beautiful hobby on planet earth: in the biotope (correct) aquarium decoration
(see also in my website under VIDEOS and under BLEHER'S BIOTOPES, some extract of it).

This is also my message for 2010, and believe me you all will enjoy your aquarium 100times more then before by doing so (and your fishes 1000% more) – if you have not already done it (and I know some of you have...).

This comes from a true nature lover, researcher, collector, writer, film-maker, photographer, biologist, ichthyologist, limnologist, editor, publisher and lecturer,

always

Heiko Bleher

__________________________________________________ _____
Aquapress
Heiko Bleher
Via G. Falcone 11 – 27010, Miradolo Terme (PV) Italy
Tel.: 0039 0382 754707 - Fax: 0039 0382 754129
new mails: heiko@aquapress-bleher.com - aquapress@aquapress-bleher.com
user_online.gif