Give a Kid a Tank
All available spots in this seminar are currently booked. Please contact CCAKidsTanks@gmail.com if you wish to be placed on the waitlist.
The “Give a Kid a Tank” Seminar is open to children ages 7-12, regardless of whether or not their parents are registered for BFD. Each registered child or sibling set will receive a 10-gallon Aqueon starter kit, aquarium gravel and decorations, educational materials, and fish for their new aquarium. Children will learn about animal and plant care, water chemistry, aquascaping, and more!
This seminar will take place on Saturday, February 16th from 2:00pm until 3:30 pm. At 3:30 pm, we will begin draining tanks and bagging up fish so that they can be transported to your homes more easily. We anticipate that this process will take 30-45 minutes.
Registration will be on a first-come-first serve basis. Supplies will be limited to 1 tank per family. This means that if there are multiple siblings in a family, they must team up and share a tank. Please keep in mind that a filled 10-gallon aquarium weighs 80-90 lbs. It may be helpful to find a sturdy location in which to place it before you bring it home.
We have 10 tanks available, on a first-come, first-serve basis. This is a very limited number and requires that we lay out some ground rules:
- Registration will be on a first-come-first serve basis and we will waitlist up to 10 registrants.
- Please register only if you are certain you will be able to attend the full seminar.
- Please register only if you are prepared to bring an aquarium and its inhabitants into your home.
- It is possible to register multiple siblings per family, but those siblings MUST share one tank.
- Please arrive for the event 10-15 minutes in advance. We will gather children and parents near the elevators at the ballroom level of the hotel.
- A parent or guardian must remain with each child throughout the duration of the seminar, and we strongly encourage you to get involved!
If you are registered and cannot attend, please notify us by emailing CCAKidsTanks@gmail.com immediately so that we can contact children on the waitlist.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you understand the guidelines and you are giving your child(ren) permission to participate in Give a Kid a Tank and to bring home a 10 gallon aquarium starter kit complete with water and livestock.
This event is fully booked.