• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New 150g

Daltharang

Members
After much turmoil over a stocking list i have finally gotten my first big tank completed (almost). Would still like to add a blue or green phantom pleco

1 Oscar about 4 inches
9 Silver Dollars
1 Synspillum around 6 inches
1 Gold Sevrum (not pictured as its in the 75g growing out so it doesn't become Oscar food)

Sorry for the bad pictures, the camera just doesn't do them justice, especially the new synspillum i picked up last night.

hyMAv9C.jpg

PcHi8H4.jpg

0QJcn0J.jpg

Daltharang

Members
I got it from Azalea Aquariums in richmond. I thought the same thing when i first saw it actually. Once i got it home and under the light though there is actually a ton of blue and purple that the flash on my camera is washing out, but it may very well be a bifasciatus too though. It was actually a trade in to the store.

Daltharang

Members
Thank you :D that's the way i felt about it too. I was just worried about it being a bifasciatus on the trip home because of the aggression that i had heard of from them compared to the synspillum. Was a little worried about my oscar because of the size difference.

Daltharang

Members
I think the stocking is about as far as i'm going with it. unless i put the gold sevrum in there once it get some size on it. I'm thinking to just leave the sevrum in the 75g though and give these 2 plenty of growing/swimming space.

Daltharang

Members
Would anyone have any suggestions as to something else i could add with a lot of red? I thought about maybe a red mammon, but it seems that finding a reliable source that isn't hugely overpriced seems nearly impossible. I want to steer clear of something like a midas or red devil, just because things are very peaceful in the tank right now and don't want to upset that. Also if it's a case where the tank is basically fully stocked with the filtration i have and the size that the 2 fish are going to eventually get, i'm fine with that as well, but if it's possible I would like to add something compatible with a lot of red coloring.

Howie

Members
Blood Red parrots are nice and not too aggressive, but are more an orangey red. I have a pair of them and get along well with my 6" Oscar.

Daltharang

Members
I really like the red snook! only reason i originally didn't think it would work is because i read that they can reach up to 20 inches and the tank is only 18 inches wide. If it is possible for one to go in there comfortably for life, that would definitely be the choice.

Daltharang

Members
I was looking through some forums on monsterfish and it seems that there are quite a few saying they have them in the 15-20 inch range and they are very fast swimming fish. I think this may pose a problem if it were to reach that size with it being comfortable in an 18 inch wide tank.