• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Just sharing some of my fish

Daltharang

Members
Just sharing pictures of some of my fish. I'm unsure of the sex of any of them other then guessing. If anyone else has any idea it would be much appreciated.

The oscar and pink convict share a 75g tank together. The others are all in a 150g long, accompanied by a synspillum that was refusing to be photogenic tonight, and 9 Silver Dollars between 3-5"

7" Oscar. With the flash it actually shows the stripes, but under normal lighting he usually looks completely black other then the orange circle on his tail and couple orange speckles on his sides.

W6AwmXh.jpg

4" Pink Convict I'm assuming male.

8jam1oT.jpg

6-7" Zonatus #1 Guessing male on this one just by the growth. I got 3 of these all at the same time about 5 months ago and they were roughly 1". 2 of them are now between 6-8 inches and the third is around 4.

UXBKfjI.jpg

Zonatus #2. Assuming female, this one is about 4"

mLI4xE3.jpg

Zonatus #3 The largest and most colorful, somewhere between 7-8". Hoping this is a male. This is the one of the 3 that i would like to keep if so. Attempting to keep males only so there is no spawning aggression. I will be rehoming the smallest of the 3 along with 1 of the 2 larger ones depending on how the sexes turn out. From everything i have read though, you can really only tell once they spawn or by venting, and i'm not confident enough in my ability to vent to cause stress by trying to net them.

w8JjZXU.jpg

I know a lot here are not fans of the hybrids, but here is my King Kong Parrot. Assuming a he because of the nuchal hump. This is actually the enforcer in the tank. If any of the others start anything with each other, he will come cruising out of his pot and right in the middle of them, running them off into separate sides of the tank, then go back to his pot. He is as tall, as he is wide, as he is long. 6" bowling ball that throws his weight around. I have had him also for about 5 months now, started off at about 2 inches.

5BsRR1D.jpg

I apologize for the glare, i am not a very good photographer, add in the bad camera, and this is the results.

Once i am completely sure that Zonatus #3 is a male i will be rehoming the other 2.