• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cryptoheros nanoluteus grow out thread

Aqua410

Members
Just picked up 6 small nanoluteus from josh today. They are still being shy but I'll post progress pictures here once they start to come out over the next week. They are small little guys I'm excited for them to grow and color up. Hopefully I'll be able to offer some for sale in the club when they begin to spawn if there is interest.

Forester

Members
I would love to get some from you when yours spawn. I used to have a very prolific pair, but the fish sitter killed them awhile back. They're great fish.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aqua410

Members
Some of these guys are already developing color. These fish are very fun to watch, they are prolific foragers and spend all day pecking around and exploring every bit of the tank.

Here's a tank shot. Plants are coming right along. Some die off happened over the week for sure but there is new growth on nearly all the plants as well.

JLW

CCA Members
One of the most unfortunately named fish in the hobby. Those guys are so pretty when they're mature!

Aqua410

Members
Yeah I wish they had a better "common name", yellow convict is a misnomer and their bi-nomial is a mouthful. Thanks again for getting these for me, all 6 seem to be thriving.

Aqua410

Members
They continue to grow and color up by the day. This food looks too big but its the YFS soft stuff and they can nibble at it pretty easily.

This guy is the most aggressive feeder of the bunch. When food hits the floor he moves a bunch of it to where hes hanging out and keeps the others at bay.

This fish showed a ton of interest in his new tank mate. He didn't bite him or act territorial he just spent a while following him around checking him out.

Aqua410

Members

Biggest of the bunch displaying at feeding time. Look how much these guys have colored up in a few short weeks. If my camera had focused on the fish more then the driftwood this may have been a POTM submission. Yes that is pleco poop in the foreground, those guys seriously poop non stop.

Aqua410

Members
These guys are really coming into their own. These blue eye'd beauties shouldn't be overlooked by anyone looking for a smaller new world.

Couple of the dominant female. Her dorsal spot while impossible to photograph properly on my phone is almost electric green. She is displaying to the dominant male and his slightly smaller counter part. They never stop moving for a picture. A very high activity fish.

Here's a tank shot when I was finishing up their new setup. They definitely belong in a 4ft tank with a group of 6.

I may have gotten very lucky and have 3m3f in this group. There is at least two definite females but one is the runt of the bunch both very small and no where near as outgoing as the others. The dominate male and female are actually the two biggest fish in the tank despite having 2 other definite males. I'm really hoping the one I'm on the fence about is just a female with a less obvious dorsal spot. There's definitely some marking there but it's not as large or brilliant as the other females.