• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rams love their new home :D

samsmobb

Members
Just passing by the other day and caught the Rams as they were starting to lay a much of eggs. Always fun to take a minute and just stare at them!
Pretty common but just thought id post some pictures anyways

Nice pair and lush plants that looks a scene from natural habitat. Are they java fern and how big is the tank. Rams are my first cichlid, first to spawn and what get me into cichlid. But I have never been able to raise any fry which died off after a few days. I think they need very soft water to be successful bred.

samsmobb

Members
Nice pair and lush plants that looks a scene from natural habitat. Are they java fern and how big is the tank. Rams are my first cichlid, first to spawn and what get me into cichlid. But I have never been able to raise any fry which died off after a few days. I think they need very soft water to be successful bred.

I'm currently running them on RO water just for fun but have no intention in taking care of the fry atm.. I'm way to busy with school.. And this plants are simply crypt wendtii, easy find at your lfs and easy to take care of!

Thanks for the compliment