• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Does anyone know the name of this cichlid?

MontelBoom

Members
From the angle it looks like a jack dempsey to me. Where did you get it from,

Sent from my SCH-R830C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bbryan9455

Members
I got him from petco. A lot of the cichlids they sell have no name. Only where they are from like: south American cichlid, African cichlid and so on.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Yup it's definitely a jack dempsey.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I have to disagree. The face suggests hericthys, but the color pattern is not correct. I believe it is a red texas.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ChuckSon_NB

Members
It is 100% a red texas, i got a nice little one from petsmart a couple months ago that caught my eye while in the clearance bin. I just separated it with everything I'm selling tomorrow in the aquamania marketplace. He's nice though, you keep Em long enough he'll fade to a light orange. Mine is fading now but he'll be gone tomorrow.

I have to disagree. The face suggests hericthys, but the color pattern is not correct. I believe it is a red texas.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan

agree its not a jd
Its a texas jd hybrid
I used to breed these guys and he looks just like the fry

bbryan9455

Members
Yeah it didn't add up. I've heard jds are aggressive. He doesn't bother other fish in the tank

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App