• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Go Figure

Siklid

Members
I am converting my 165 to an African Tank (Tanganyika for Frontosa). I am in the process of removing fish a few at a time, etc.

I removed all the driftwood today and about four or five fish. The two Jack Dempsey that are in the tank begin to breed. I have tried for about 2.5 years to form a pair.....and as soon as I am ripping apart their home, they think they're on a honeymoon.

I am slow rolling the conversion so I have time to wait and see what happens.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Seems like that kind of thing often happens. Sometimes a change in scenery is all it takes to get a pair to spawn.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Like you said they think its honeymoon....the change in scenery made them think they are in vacation.
Maybe they felt scared and said....i don't like you, you don't like me but just incase we don't make it lets make some offspring lol
Apocalypse sex...? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TMSB805

Members
I was hoping when i moved last week my Nourisatti would decide to spawn.....nope! Congrats though.