• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CA/SA setup for a 75g then to a 125g Thoughts?

cichlidshane

Members
I moved my Mbuna out of my 75g and want to put some SA and CA in there. The 75g is connected to a 100g plastic horse trough with plants and such to add to the volume and help with bio load.

I am new to CA and SA. Below is a list of ones that I thought seemed cool. However, coolness doesn't equal happy or compatible. I tried to stay away from huge fish and I think only two on the list will break 10 inches. I know that at some point I will need to possibly put them in a 125g or larger. I have two 125g now and I am working on moving my haps/peacocks to something around 200-300g in a year. So, that would free up the 125g they are were in. Saving $$$ for acrylic that size takes some time . Let me know if these fish would work or if there are others I should look at and if you have any to sell me. I will be going to AM3 so I hope to get some there as well. I do want to stay away from huge super aggressive fish. Tank plan is to have mostly natural biotope with rocks sand and logs//roots maybe plants if possible.

1. Hypselecara temporalis AKA Chocolate cichlid SA
2. Herotilapia multispinosa AKA Rainbow cichlid CA
3. HEROS NOTATUS AKA Severum SA
4. Heros spurius
5. H. severus aka banded
6. Thorichthys meeki AKA Firemouth
7. Cichlasoma bocourti CA
8. Chuco Microphthalmus
9. Cryptoheros Cutteri aka cutter / blue eye
10. Centrarchus Flier cichlid CA
11. Cryptoheros nanoluteus aka Yellow dwarf
12. Oblongum rare
13. Cryptoheros sajica
14. Thorichthys Pasiones sorta like a firemouth

If you have any of these for sale or others that would fit and work with the list let me know.

Thanks

Shane