• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cichlasoma boliviensis tankmates

I have a few c.boliviensis in a growout tank and was wondering if i might be able to also put in some m.altispinosa (for now) in the same tank? Does anyone have any tips? Thanks

A chinchilla as a fishroom "door person"

rich_one

Members
Luis,

I don't know much about this fish so unfortunately, I am of no help here, but couldn't help but notice you are in Harrisburg, PA, where I was born and lived until I was 16, so I had to jump in here and just say hi and welcome you to the forum! Hopefully someone who knows more about this species will be able to answer your question soon, and I hope all is well back home!

-Rich

dogofwar

CCA Members
They're a pretty typical acara in terms of personality - low/medium aggressive and good to keep with Severums, eartheaters and the like (other South American fish). They're pretty easy to breed.

I wouldn't keep them with more aggressive Central Americans (other than maybe Paratheraps/Vieja or nicaraguense) and certainly not with African cichlids.

I had a wild pair that I got from Jeff Rapps a few years ago.

Matt

Thanks for the welcome,ive lived n Harrusburg off and on since childhood...wayyyy different now :)

They're a pretty typical acara in terms of personality - low/medium aggressive and good to keep with Severums, eartheaters and the like (other South American fish). They're pretty easy to breed.

I wouldn't keep them with more aggressive Central Americans (other than maybe Paratheraps/Vieja or nicaraguense) and certainly not with African cichlids.

I had a wild pair that I got from Jeff Rapps a few years ago.

Matt

I first acquired a group of 6 from HOT but they dwindled themselves down to 3.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think you'll be okay growing them out for a bit. Make sure the rams are getting out competed for food.

rich_one

Members
Thanks for the welcome,ive lived n Harrusburg off and on since childhood...wayyyy different now :)

It has changed a lot. I left there in 1984, but I do still get back there every now and again. When I first left there, it was like a place out of time... there were still milkmen walking the neighborhoods! LOL... very different place these days.

-Rich

It has changed a lot. I left there in 1984, but I do still get back there every now and again. When I first left there, it was like a place out of time... there were still milkmen walking the neighborhoods! LOL... very different place these days.

-Rich

My family split in '96...i lived right off 13th & Derry,moved back 5 years ago...and that whole area has totally gone downhill...ive had my car windows shot out,apartment almost broken into(i chased dudes out). i now live on Union Deposit(huge improvement lol