• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tribal warfair!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
A week ago I got a group of 4 -stunning- gymnogeophagus rhabdotus "Lunarejo" from Zach. When he said these guys were pairing off he wasnt kidding! At the moment I have them in a planted 29 with 5 limia nigrofaciata and I'll move them into a 40 breeder once it's done cycling. From what Im seeing Im going to need to move them to the 40 or seperate them fast. On one side of the tank the dominant male and the prettier female are digging pits and cleaning a flower pot in that area and on the other end a slightly less colorful pair is doing the exact same thing. They are all colored up and one of the females gets a jet black chin when she's sparing with the other pair. Whenever I go down to the fish room to feed, do water changes, or just watch the fish the pairs are always on either side flairing at the other pair. And to make the situation better, next to them is and incredibly aggressive pair of siquia with a big cloud of fry flairing at the gymnos through the tank!
One of the pairs of gymnos has both of their tubes all the way down and the other is starting to get them. these guys are super fun to watch and are super colorful. I have to give a huge thanks to Zach for selling me these awesome fish!

Photos!

Btw, if you keep sponge filters in all your tanks you can have an instant cycle by moving some temporarily to a new tank and not have to wait