• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Umbee updates

blkmjk

Members
uploadfromtaptalk1398093762165.jpg

Gorillus Black mom and fry

uploadfromtaptalk1398094395767.jpg

General line F1 starting to get his nuchal hump
uploadfromtaptalk1398094456999.jpg

My original mag pair from Dan male is getting some size on him and they spawned again as you can see.

uploadfromtaptalk1398094555512.jpg

My glass banging beast 13" male Gorillus Blue.

Drew

uploadfromtaptalk1398093762165.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398094395767.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398094456999.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398094555512.jpg

Thai

Members
I'll take some fry when you're ready! Lost my male last month and female the other day, both developed the same lesions and sores in diff tanks while their tankmates are all fine

blkmjk

Members
Thanks everyone! These are my favorites by far . Nothing compares until you own a behemoth like this. uploadfromtaptalk1398108517743.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398109507788.jpg

Drew

uploadfromtaptalk1398108517743.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398109507788.jpg

1badmarine

Nice Drew!!! I'd like some of those fry when they are ready

blkmjk

Members
Fry will definitely be available soon. Give it one more month or so. They grow to sellable size qiuckly.

Thanks again everyone for the nice comments. When I started in the hobby I only had room for the smallest of cichlids. Now I keep the largest and meanest! I am really looking forward to seeing these fish reach their full potential. Next project will be a 450 or larger. With hopes of housing several of these beasts together.

Drew

johnscottant

Members
These photos (although they are great) do not give these umbees justice. To see them upclose is amazing. Drews tank is amazing. He needs to start doing talks for the CCA and CCY on Umbees. He's that good.

blkmjk

Members
Wasnt that terrel male

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yes sir Adam (Freebyrd)raised the pair up. He sold them to Terrel (tparker) and now I have them. Can't say thanks enough to that guy. He hooked me up big time! I wasn't in the market for the pair but you can't pass up F1 general line adult umbees.

These photos (although they are great) do not give these umbees justice. To see them upclose is amazing. Drews tank is amazing. He needs to start doing talks for the CCA and CCY on Umbees. He's that good.

Thanks Scott! I'm not sure I'm up to that level but I appreciate the sentiment. I am planning a collecting trip to procure umbees myself. I am really interested in Panama Greens and Chuco umbees. I don't even know where to look really? But Panama is a good place to start! Hahahaha. After that then I will gladly share my experiences.

Nice photos of your fish. I wouldn't mind seeing them in person.
I'm open to that in the not to distant future. I think the CCA should member fish room tours. I think it would be a blast. But Kevin text me and I can make special arrangements to get you a tour.

240) 372 0601.

Drew

blkmjk

Members
Gorillus Blue umbee spawn! I have 4 breeding pairs of umbees going right now! Holy umbee-leivable about of fry!

Pictures to be added later.

Drew

blkmjk

Members
uploadfromtaptalk1399215838685.jpg

Here is mommy gorillus blue with her brood. She is a great mom... but a terrible wife. She beats on the male every time they spawn.

Drew

uploadfromtaptalk1399215838685.jpg