• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Long time, no pics

rich_one

Members
Been a while since I posted pics, aside from a few in the photo contest... just some pics of a few of my many cichlids.

-Rich

2015-05-12 20.25.31_resized.jpg

2015-06-02 08.56.23_resized.jpg

2015-11-21 09.30.41_resized.jpg

2015-11-21 09.33.15_resized.jpg

2015-11-21 09.37.49_resized.jpg

2015-11-21 09.40.40_resized.jpg

2015-11-21 09.44.21_resized.jpg

2015-11-21 09.49.38_resized.jpg

2015-11-21 09.34.16_resized.jpg

2015-11-22 18.03.34_resized.jpg

spazmattik

Members
That festae looks like she could use a boyfriend. Send her over this way so she can pair off with my male. Lol!

Nice fish Rich

rich_one

Members
Sean:

Thanks, bruh! The comps are doing great, and you guessed it. For me to take pics of fish in that tank, I have to sit in a chair in front of it and camp out a bit. Unless I feed, everyone in that tank runs for cover as soon as I approach! SMH... hell, I recently added a group of feather fins to that tank, and I have yet to see ANY of them. I THINK I caught a glimpse of one the other night. They STAY hidden. Sigh...

Jon:

Thanks, buddy!

Matt:

LOL... thanks, man... she already has a boyfriend! Her name is Delilah, and her boyfriend is Samson. Not so easy to get a pic of Samson... she wants to be a model, whereas he is completely camera shy. He will hide when I am near the tank, and won't even come out if food is hitting the water until I walk away. So long as I am not close to the tank, he cruises all around. Ah well... you got all types, I guess!

MattQ:

Thanks, man!

This is just a very small amount of some of my collection... it is unbelievably tough to get pics of a lot of these guys that are not blurry... at least with a phone, anyway! LOL... But I'm sure most of you know that! Happy holidays everyone!

-Rich

dogofwar

CCA Members
I share your picture taking pain :)

Matt

Sean:

Thanks, bruh! The comps are doing great, and you guessed it. For me to take pics of fish in that tank, I have to sit in a chair in front of it and camp out a bit. Unless I feed, everyone in that tank runs for cover as soon as I approach! SMH... hell, I recently added a group of feather fins to that tank, and I have yet to see ANY of them. I THINK I caught a glimpse of one the other night. They STAY hidden. Sigh...

Jon:

Thanks, buddy!

Matt:

LOL... thanks, man... she already has a boyfriend! Her name is Delilah, and her boyfriend is Samson. Not so easy to get a pic of Samson... she wants to be a model, whereas he is completely camera shy. He will hide when I am near the tank, and won't even come out if food is hitting the water until I walk away. So long as I am not close to the tank, he cruises all around. Ah well... you got all types, I guess!

MattQ:

Thanks, man!

This is just a very small amount of some of my collection... it is unbelievably tough to get pics of a lot of these guys that are not blurry... at least with a phone, anyway! LOL... But I'm sure most of you know that! Happy holidays everyone!

-Rich

Leffler817

CCA Members
I share your picture taking pain :)

Matt

+1 I couldn't get a good photo to save my life.

Rich, Do you have any cyps or dithers in with the comps to get them to come out more? I needed them in my tanks to see them more than at feeding time.

rich_one

Members
+1 I couldn't get a good photo to save my life.

Rich, Do you have any cyps or dithers in with the comps to get them to come out more? I needed them in my tanks to see them more than at feeding time.

I don't have any Tang dithers, but I do have some rainbows in with them, and the rainbows are always out and about. Not all the comps are shy... a couple hang out even when I'm at the tank. But if all of the gibberosas suddenly dart, it spooks everyone... except the rainbows. LOL.

In that tank, a 150 gallon, I have:

Gibberosas (F1 Kitumbas)
fire fin comps
neolamprologus leleupi
Julies (I forget which ones, though... I think transcriptus)
Syndontis catfish
feather fins
rainbows

2 dwarf plecos

I see everyone, for the most part, except the feather fins.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Jose:

Thanks, man!

Andrew:

Thanks, buddy... his name is Hershey!

CichlidAddict Andrew:

In order... Herichthys Bocourti, Hypselecara temporalis, Vieja Argentae, Geophagus Steindachneri, Albino Tiger Oscar, Mesoheros Festae, Vieja Synspillum, Hoplarchus Psittacus, Vieja Regani, Hypsophrys Nicaraguensis

Craig:

No... the Bocourti, Parrot, Argentae, Oscar, Synspillum, Regani and Nic all live in a community 7 ft. 210, with some other friends, so far a bit more difficult to photograph nicely at the moment. The Geo and the Chocolate live in a 6 ft. 220 along with a group of Astoheros Nourisatti, and some other friends also. The festae lives with her boyfriend, and a few Amphilophus Red Iseltas and a couple of small Caquetaia Kraussi, in a 6 ft. 125.

-Rich