• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Carpintis !!

DBLN8

Members
"12"-14" average" Are you sure you have Carpintis? if they're Carpintis your male will max out at about 10" with the female been considerable smaller. If you have Texas cichlids then 12"+/- is about the max for males.

They don't look anything like Cyano's. I got them from a guy that has no information on them. I was under the impression i was getting cyano (True Texas). However, when I got home and saw they didn't look like Texas, after they relaxed and showed there colors/pattern, I knew they weren't.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I agree that they look like carpintis rather than cyanos. Still a good looking fish. I had a big male a while back who wasn't even full grown. I'd guess he was every bit of 9"-10".

"12"-14" average" Are you sure you have Carpintis? if they're Carpintis your male will max out at about 10" with the female been considerable smaller. If you have Texas cichlids then 12"+/- is about the max for males.

Check out Trace Hillman's Rio Hondo. It's an easy 14".

Larryfish

CCA Members
Nice!!

My about 5 years old. As you can see, they both have pearls from lip to tail but they have different pearls on the faces.

Green Texas 1.JPG

Green Texas 2.JPG