• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ExCichlasoma Istlanum.

spazmattik

Members
Love these guys. Feed sparingly because they can bloat. Pretty slow growers but colors will really start coming through around 3".

Grammodes even slower growing and mine didnt seem to come out of hiding till around 5" or so. I have had him 2 years and he is about 6" and he was 3" when i purchased him lol

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good luck with them. I've heard they are really nasty with each other, but never tried keeping them myself.

DBLN8

Members
Love these guys. Feed sparingly because they can bloat. Pretty slow growers but colors will really start coming through around 3".

Grammodes even slower growing and mine didnt seem to come out of hiding till around 5" or so. I have had him 2 years and he is about 6" and he was 3" when i purchased him lol

Do you have pics of your Istlanums and Grammodes? I would love top see them.

spazmattik

Members
Sadly the istlanum is dead..while I was aquiring tanks for my fish room I had to put an umbee in the tank with him (divided by egg crate). The istlanum relentlessly tried to get through the divider and did 3 times somehow. Needless to say, he did not win the fight.

I will have to find a pic of my istlanum on my laptop. He was starting to look real nice and would have been a stunner for sure. I am ready to raise them again and am getting some from Dan. Here is a shot of my grammode though from just now. Excuse the dirty tank, we have company and i havent got to his yet.

20151001_211028.jpg