• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Biotoecus opercularis?

Becca

Members
So now that I went and ordered a gaggle... has anyone kept these? Any tips?

I've spent the past several months stalking web-available information on them (ever since the first Batfish preorder list they appeared on). It doesn't seem they are terribly difficult, just a little different.

Does anyone have first-hand experience?

mchambers

Former CCA member
No, but their name sounds like an eye condition. Did your doctor prescribe eye drops?

Seriously, sound like cool fish.

Becca

Members
No, but their name sounds like an eye condition. Did your doctor prescribe eye drops?

Seriously, sound like cool fish.

I guess I have a knack for fish no one, or almost no one keeps...

Biotodoma cupido (heart condition)
Creniacara puctulatum (a general issue with timeliness)
Dicrossus maculatus (also an eye condition, shared by Christine)

and now...

a high-heat, high O2 loving eye condition!

I could almost claim the same "non-keeping-ness" about the Guianacara, but I think the last batch of fry I raised got pretty widely distributed to everyone and anyone who would have them... Have I mentioned I've got another batch growing out???

Becca

Members
Have you spawned the cupido too?

Yes, but it was in a community tank and eggs got eaten within a day. I haven't spawned the C. punctulayum but they're also not mature yet. I may work with the cupidos outdoors over the summer.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App