• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Favorite SA/CA Cichlid

The funny thing about them (oscars) to me is for the longesti i have to have at least one in my collection. i have been consisitently fighting the urge to go buy one because my collection does not seem complete without it. i think its all because back when i started (my bad azz fish collection) it was all about oscars to me and they do have some very nice personalities

AquaStudent

Members
I'm excited. The remainder of my stocking for my 135G should come in early next week. Josh is kindly holding onto them for a week before shipping them out (I'm leaving Wednesday for a couple days and shipping now would be too risky).

I'll be getting a few Severum sp 'Orange Shoulder', some chocolate cichlids, and a small group of whiptail cats!

My favorite CA/SAs are Flowerhorn like fish without FH attitude so I can keep them with tankmates. So most Vieja and cryptohero species fit my criteria due to huge hump formation, excellent color, small size and mellow attitude, but not oscar, acara or Geophagus species due to lack of hump except for Green Terror, Brasilensis and Balzani. Amphilophus species are all out despite huge hump and excellent color due to their nasty attitude.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
No contest...

A. heckelli - the best part is that despite their size one needn't worry about them shredding their heterospecific tankmates, i.e., one can keep them in a community tank with smaller and non-aggressive species.

Acarichthys-heckelli-male.jpg