• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

F0 Rio Tempisque barred citrenellus

spazmattik

Members
Outside of TUIC I don't think there are many pictures of these guys so I thought I'd share some. I ordered 5 from Rapps about a month before AM2 at the smallest size he had. The dominant male is around 4" now and finally displaying color. He was the least colorful one but has started to show up over the last week or so. I think he may be trying to pair off with my creamsicle so I will have to do some rearranging :/

Attachments

• riotemp4.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 111
  • riotemp2.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 109
  • riotemp3.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 110
  • riotemp1.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 108

spazmattik

Members
I won't forget Matt :)

How big are yours Jon? I really hope we both get breeding pairs from our groups. A couple days ago when I e-mailed Jeff he noted that his friend/connection for Costa Rica retired so that was the end of the Costa Rica imports. I also happened to pick up some 'Rio Banano' Loisellei from his last import.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
My biggest is around 4". The other three are between 2" and 3". Size wise, I would say I have 2 males and 2 females, but too hard to tell at this size. I got them the same time as you. Hoping for a pair and an extra female (just in case).

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rich_one

Members
Those are friggin' gorgeous! WOW! Dude... I am becoming a big time Amph fan... after being a long time Vieja... er... Paranee... whatever their called this year, fan. LOL...

-Rich

rich_one

Members
I wasn't until recently... for some reason lately, I've really began to get into them recently. I've always really liked lyonsi... one of my favorites... but I'm getting into creamsicles and barred midas now too. Weird, but hey... I go where the hobby takes me! LOL...

-Rich

spazmattik

Members
Not big fan of amphs other than lyonsi but those look nice. Love the colors in the fins

You know I wasn't a fan of amphs to begin with and then amph fever hit me. lol. After I move I want to collect and them all but some look pretty hard to come by..

blkmjk

Members
Love the whole amphilophus family! Just can't keep them with umbees! Sinful really.
Really liking the Wild amphilophus Matt.

Drew

spazmattik

Members
I was thinking that especially after what Jeff said about his connection. I do have the other 4 and i was actually going to try to get a pair within that group because they were all more colorful. But it does up the chances having this guy in the mix. Ill take the creamsicle out for a while

blkmjk

Members
Use them as feeders. No harm done there but I wouldn't give them away as feeders never know some may survive the slaughter!

Drew

spazmattik

Members
Well they would still be pure citrenellus but i guess some barred, some cream and some normal? Not sure what the dominant genes there are. I do want to continue the rio tempsique line like Jon mentioned though.

It would be cool to get some creamsicle offspring though :p