• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Male/Female midas introduction suggestions

TriLamb13

Members
I am contemplating picking up a female midas for my male and was hoping someone could suggest the easiest way to introduce them. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. My male is appx 10" and is very playful and active. He loves showing off for us and he also loves to play around with the dog and cat (rolling, swimming back and forth, mouthing the glass, etc) when they sit in front of the tank. I'm thinking a female playmate might be beneficial for him.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I would make a divider using egg crate (light diffuser) from HD. Cut out a hole only large enough for the female to get through. That way, she can meet the male when comfortable and can get away should he become rough.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Better to start with 6 or so smaller ones...and let them choose.

It's nearly always a struggle to get mature fish to pair and remain stable

Matt

TriLamb13

Members
Unfortunately Diablo is almost full grown. I picked him up from a lfs who had him sitting in a 15 gallon tank. I took one look at his housing situation and knew he was coming home with me. I would have loved to start with some juvies like you suggested but I guess that wasn't in the cards. I have a 10" common pleco that I will be moving to his tank in a bit but I was still hoping for another companion for him since he is so playful and active. He literally makes waves swimming back and forth when he shows off. I lost my most recent Omega One calendar due to a tidal wave that sloshed out of the back of the tank. LOL!