• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Some help sorting these out

TMSB805

Members
I know I'm last minute but I could use some input from you guys. I want to pick up a group of fish in the group buy but need help deciding what fish to go together in what tank. Tanks are 300, 180, and 75

Chuco Micros Group of 5 or 6 @ 2.5-3"(COA possible pick ups)
Nourisatti 1M 7" 3F 6"
Rostratus 1M 5" 2F 4.5"
Alfari 5 @ 4.5-5.5"
Pair Myrnae M 3.5 F 2.5
Pair Septems M 3" F 2.5"
Mixteco Gold Juvies 11 total. 2-2.5"
Mixteco Blue 1M 2.5" 3F 2"
Longimanus 2M 3.5" 1F 2.5"

jonclark96

Past CCA President
How are the Astatheros together? Do they beat on one another?

Dan actually recommended keeping micros and rostratus together (I was looking for some advice from him on things) if that helps.

Jon

TMSB805

Members
Only conspecific aggression. Micros/Rostratus seem like it would be a good fit. It would mean less moving I have to do since the nourisatti and alfari are already in the same tank. I guess the main concern would be for all the little guys (thorichthys)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Again, it depends for me on the temperament of the astatheros. If they tolerate the thorichthys (which have a similar body shape) I'd say put a group in the 300 and one in the 180.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Those are big enough tanks that you could do different zones in each (e.g. open sandy area, a pile of rocks for the Cryptoheros and some Vals or something like that in another)

I'd do one Astatheros in one tank and the other in another... and one Crytoheros in each.

Longimanus and one of the Thoricthys in one...and Alfari and the other Thoricthys in another.

And the Chuco with the rostratus...

Did I miss any?

Matt

TMSB805

Members
Jon's right. There are 4 astatheros. I think what I'll do is put the chucos,rostratus,septems in the 180. Nourisatti,Alfari, mrynae, Mixteco gold in the 300. Longimanus and Mixteco blue in the 75

dogofwar

CCA Members
You're right!

I've always had a hard time mixing Thoricthys. Kind of hit or miss with aggression.

Think that the mixteco blues will see the longimanus as too close to Thoricthys?

Matt