• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Losellei Pair, Green Phantom Pleco & Friends

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Gorgeous tank, Rich!

Love the decor as well. Are those resin pieces or real wood or a mix? Cool pieces, but arranged very cleanly...

rich_one

Members
Thanks, guys! Right now in there are:

Losellei Pair
2 female festae
1 Nicaraguan cichlid
2 juvie vieja bifasciatus (from Bill's pair)
1 juvie amphilophus lyonsi (originally acquired at last year's Aquamania by my nephew, then acquired by me by way of Lord Fauntleroy)
a green phantom pleco
2 bn plecos
a group of convicts (which I have found make excellent dither fish)

This is a 6 ft. 125 gallon. The juvies in this tank will eventually be moved to the 210 when they get big enough. I find that seem to be able to get away with putting juvies in this tank (not fry though), and since they pose no threat, they are ignored and allowed to growout some.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Thanks, Tony... it is a mix. I have decided to not use manzanita wood any longer. I prefer Mopani pieces by far. Smooth surfaces, no sharp edges. I don't know how other people do it, but branchy pieces of wood in my tanks result in scratched up fish. So Mopani only and resin décor for me from here on out.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
LOL... thanks, Jose! I never think my tanks look as good as others I see... greatly appreciate the compliment!

-Rich